Friday, December 07, 2007

Mentoring & being mentored



Mentoring is a difficult job. As I read businesspundit.com and other career blogs, i recall my interactions with my mentor. One predicted that i would rule. Another told me that i would revolutionise. A third said that there was something wrong with me. The fourth said maybe i was in the wrong company. The fifth said that I shoot from the hip. All were right.
As I look back on the past year, I remember the ones I mentored. One said that he had never seen anything like this in 20 years. Another said that what I was doing for the peole was worth Rs. 1 crore. A third said that I had taught him english. A fourth that my reforms would be SOP next year. The fifth said that I had good ideas, but he did not see me getting far in the company. All were right.
As corporate musical chairs promote, fire, keep my mentors and my mentees leave, progress, brand, stay, develop; the shows go on
& on
& on
here, there, everywhere, nowhere, somewhere over the rainbows.

No comments: